Friday, February 25, 2011

Facebook : Like or Unlike

As I turned on my computer, I heard a small voice calling my name, the voice lead me to a familiar place that I love to visit.

In that place, I met a two strange moving signage. The first signage immediately approached me with a smile in his face; he looks like a happy and a good signage. He introduced his self as LIKE, a very friendly and kind signage. The second one is not as good as LIKE; he is sad and naughty signage because he shouted his name to me and leaves immediately. By the way his name is UNLIKE.

LIKE tour me to his cyber world called “Facebook”. I was really amazed because he told me that it is a best place for everyone to relax, to freshen up their mind and to find friends.

He tours me to his favorite spots in the website. There is a place called “Wall”, a space on every user’s profile page that allows friends to post messages for the user’s to see; “Pokes” which allows users to send a virtual poke to each other ; “Photos” where users can upload albums and photos ; and “Status” which allows users to inform their friends of their where about and actions and all of this is free to users.

LIKE is also happy because he has more than 500 million friends coming from different part of the world including Philippines.

When LIKE leaves me for an important reason, I saw UNLIKE crying on the dark corner of the website. I asked him why he is crying. His said it is because he hates their place “Facebook” because according to him it is full of criticism and controversies. It has been blocked intermittently in several countries including China, Vietnam, Iran, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Syrian and Bangladesh on different bases. It was also banned in many workplaces to prevent the wasting of employee’s time. There are also some instances the some people using Facebook in crime and blackmailing. That reason keeps UNLIKE unlinking Facebook.

As I leave that place I leave a message in the box they called “Comment”. I said “LIKE and UNLIKE I have really a great experience with the two of you. Because of the tour I saw the good and bad effects of using facebook. Thank you very much for that wonderful time with you. Hope to see you again.”

And as I logged out of that website a big question keep on roaming in my mind. Facebook LIKE or UNLIKE?

No comments:

Post a Comment